I don’t generally eat a lot of bread or sandwiches, but I will make an exception when I’m feeling particularly lazy. Or when I have an avocado just sitting there, calling me. This is my version of something the Mister made me a few times, but now I make pretty frequently. Also, don’t be fooled by Whole Foods’s “Mighty Multigrain” bread. That stuff is totally just white bread, no matter what the ingredients say.
-1 lime, juiced
-1 green onion
-2 pieces of toast
1. Smash up the avocado in a bowl.
2. Juice half the lime into the avocado. I usually add the whole lime, but I like stuff pretty tart, so start with half. You can always add more later.
3. Add salt, nutritional yeast, and cayenne to taste. Again, start small, you can always add more.
4. Start your bread toasting. While that’s happening, slice up your green onion, even most of the green part, and add it into the avocado.
5. Plop it all on the deliciously warm crunchy toast.